Japanese vegetable pancakes
- Prep: 15
- Cook: 10 mins
- Serves: 12
- 1/2 medium cabbage, finely chopped
- 4 medium carrot, grated
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 spring onions (including green tops), chopped
- 1/2 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 sprays oil
- Place the vegetables in a bowl and mix together. Toss with the flour ensuring it coats all the vegetables. Stir in the eggs and pinch of salt.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick fry pan with olive oil spray and heat over medium-high heat. You may need to re-spray between batches.
- Add heaped tablespoons of the mixture to the fry pan in rounds. Gently press to flatten. Cook until golden approximately 3 minutes and then turn to cook the other side.
TipPancakes can be spread on a tray in the freezer until frozen and then placed into a zip lock bags for easy storage.For school: spread with cream cheese to make a sandwich
1 serve of vegies in each serving of this recipe.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||366 kJ||343.7 kJ|
|Protein||4.9 g||4.6 g|
|Fat, total||3.6 g||3.4 g|
|— saturated||0.8 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||7.5 g||7 g|
|— sugars||3.9 g||3.7 g|
|Fibre||3.2 g||3 g|
|Sodium||84.3 mg||79.2 mg|
Recipe and image supplied by Cancer Council NSW Healthy Lunch Box website.