How to participate
Each day make sure your child goes to school with a clean clear bottle filled with water, and vegetables or fruit for Crunch&Sip – that’s all you need to do!
Vegetables such as carrot or celery sticks, cherry tomatoes or snow peas
OR Easy-to-eat seasonal fruit such as a small apple, a container with hulled strawberries, a mandarin or banana
OR Canned fruit in natural juice with a spoon
A clean, clear water bottle filled with plain water
Preparing and storing Crunch&Sip
- Wash all fruit and vegies. Get the kids involved in this!
- Cut fruit and veg into easy-to-eat pieces
- Store fruit and veg in a sealed container
- Chill in an insulated lunch bag for extra crunchiness
- Include a spoon or fork for juicy fruit and veg like mango, avocado and melon. This will stop sticky fingers in the classroom.
- Time-saving tips
- Prepare vegie sticks in advance! They will stay fresh in the fridge for several days if kept in an airtight container with a wet paper towel.
- A whole carrot, apple or celery stick is perfect for older kids – no chopping required! Sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes and grapes are good for little ones.