Sweet Potato Cheese Muffins
- Prep: 10
- Cook: 25 mins
- Serves: 12
- Olive or canola oil spray
- 1 ½ cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½ cup sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ red capsicum, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions (including green tops), ends trimmed, chopped
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Lightly spray muffin tins with oil or line with paper cases.
- Sift flours into a medium sized bowl, returning husk remaining in the sieve to the bowl.
- Mix in sweet potato, cheese, capsicum, spring onion and pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and eggs together.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix through until just combined.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes until muffins are firm and a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes then turn onto a wire rack.
Muffins freeze well in snap-lock bags, but are best eaten on the day they are made.
- Replace sweet potato with potato or pumpkin.
- Replace capsicum with ¾ cup corn kernels.
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2019, reproduced with permission.