- Prep: 10
- Cook: 50 mins
- Serves: 12
- 2 tbs margarine
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup plain cereal eg. corn flakes, crushed Weetbix, rice bubbles, bran
- 4 tbs mixed seeds eg. pumpkin, sunflower, sesame
- ½ cup dried fruit eg. apple, apricot, cranberry, sultana, mango, fig, pineapple
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line a small tray or loaf tin with baking paper.
- Put the margarine, sugar and honey in a small microwave safe bowl and heat for 10 seconds at a time till runny.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the tray and press the mixture down as hard as you can with your hands or a large spoon. Rub a little oil on your hands/ spoon to stop the mixture sticking. Spend a few minutes doing this really well as it will help hold the muesli bar together.
- Bake for 40-50 mins till golden. As soon as you take the pan out of the oven press the mixture down with the spoon again.
- Use a large knife the chop into 12 pieces while still a little warm. The mixture will get harder as it cools.
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2019, reproduced with permission.