Mini Carrot Cakes
- Prep: 15
- Cook: 25 mins
- Serves: 12
- Olive or canola oil spray
- 1 ½ cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tbs oil or margarine
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 400g can crushed pineapple in natural juice, drained
- 1 ½ cups carrots, grated and squeezed of extra moisture
- ¼ cup sultanas
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper liners or spray tins with oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, ginger and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Add this wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Divide the mixture into the muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Use 2 teaspoons of mixed spice instead of the cinnamon and ginger mix.
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2019, reproduced with permission.