Crunchy Tuna Sandwich
- Prep: 10
- Serves: 4
- 425 g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 1 spring onion (including green top), ends trimmed, chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper, optional
- 2 tbs low-fat mayonnaise
- 8 slices wholegrain bread
- 4 leaves cos lettuce
- pepper, to taste
- Place tuna in a medium sized bowl and break up the large pieces with a fork.
- Stir the celery, spring onion and lemon pepper (optional) through the tuna, then add the mayonnaise and mix well to combine.
- Spread 4 slices of bread with ¼ of the tuna mixture each.
- Season with pepper then top each with a lettuce leaf and the remaining slices of bread then cut the sandwich in half.
- Add 1 tablespoon of grated reduced-fat cheese to each sandwich and toast in a sandwich maker until crisp and brown.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice instead of the lemon pepper for extra flavour.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||963 kJ||573 kJ|
|Protein||18.6 g||11.1 g|
|Fat, total||5 g||3 g|
|— saturated||0.9 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||25.4 g||15.1 g|
|— sugars||6.7 g||4 g|
|Fibre||4.3 g||2.5 g|
|Sodium||597 mg||356 mg|
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2021, reproduced with permission.