Kale and basil pesto
- Prep: 5
- Serves: 6
- 2 cups kale
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 100 mL reduced-salt vegetable stock
- Wash the kale well and remove the spines. Tear the leaves and place in a food processor with the lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of stock. Blend on low until the kale begins to break down.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process adding more of the stock a little at a time.
- Continue blending and adding stock until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Place in an airtight container.
1 serve of vegies in each serve of this recipe.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||271.7 kJ||344.1 kJ|
|Protein||5.6 g||7 g|
|Fat, total||3.1 g||4 g|
|— saturated||1.9 g||2.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||2.4 g||3 g|
|— sugars||1 g||1.3 g|
|Fibre||1.9 g||2.5 g|
|Sodium||194.1 mg||245.8 mg|
Recipe and image supplied by Cancer Council NSW Healthy Lunch Box website.