- Prep: 15
- Cook: 10 mins
- Serves: 1
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 sesame seeds
- 2 iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
- 15 g Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 15 g carrot, sliced
- 45 g yellow capsicum, sliced
1. Place eggs in a small saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 6 minutes, drain and refresh with cold water. Once cool, peel eggs.
2. Slice 2-4 slices of cucumber and carrot. Use a flower shaped cookie cutter to cut out the slices.
3. Slice the yellow capsicum into thin strips. Use the offcuts to cut two rectangular pieces for the beaks.
4. Assemble flowers by placing the slices of cucumber and carrot on top of the capsicum slices.
5. Place one piece of lettuce on the plate and then fill with the remaining shredded lettuce.
6. Add 2 sesame seeds and 1 capsicum beak to each egg to create the chicks.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||558.4 kJ||311.9 kJ|
|Protein||10.9 g||6.1 g|
|Fat, total||7.9 g||4.4 g|
|— saturated||2.1 g||1.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||3.4 g||1.9 g|
|— sugars||3 g||1.7 g|
|Fibre||3 g||1.7 g|
|Sodium||128.4 mg||71.7 mg|
Recipe and image supplied by Queensland Government healthier website.