While most children and teenagers in Western Australia eat breakfast every day, many are regularly missing out.
Benefits of breakfast
- Fuels muscles
- Powers the brain for concentration
- Provides nutrients for growth and development
- Increased energy and motivation
- Builds good habits
Healthy breakfast ideas
- Eggs on wholegrain toast
- Fruit toast
- Fruit and yoghurt
- Wholegrain toast with baked beans
- Porridge or Weet-Bix with milk and fruit
- Mushroom and spinach omelette
Smoothies are a great choice when you are on the run. Just blitz some fruit, yoghurt and milk in a blender, pour into a reusable travel cup, rinse out the blender, and you are ready to go! A jug of this will keep in the fridge for several days.