NewsBack to News 17 May 2018
March Munch 2018 wrap-up and prize winners
Thanks to everyone who participated in our 2018 March Munch event!
We were delighted to have over 280 classrooms participating with a whopping 8,270 kids munching on vegies for Crunch&Sip this March. Over 100 schools from around the state participated and 30% of these were from regional and remote areas.
As part of the event we conducted a teacher and student survey - the results are out now.
- Students ate vegetables for Crunch&Sip about 65% of the time during March Munch!
- 40% of students tried a new vegetable during March Munch.
- The most popular vegetables for Crunch&Sip are carrot, cucumber, tomato and celery.
- Students nominated carrots as their favourite vegetable while avocado topped the list for teachers.
Classrooms that completed and returned the teacher survey were entered into a prize draw. We want to congratulate our lucky March Munch 2018 prize winners. Each of the winning classes have won a snazzy Crunch&Sip container and drink bottle for every student!
The prize winners include:
- Charthouse Primary School – Year 1/2
- Endeavour Primary School – Year 2
- Rawlinson Primary School – Year 5
- Westminster Education Support Centre – Year 4/5
Stay tuned for details about March Munch 2019 later this year.
Students from Winthrop Primary participate in March Munch maths activities
Students from Endeavour Primary enjoy their prize!