The Great Vegie Crunch
SAVE THE DATE - 4th to 8th September 2017
It's on again in 2017! We changed the name because we want kids crunching on VEGIES!
The Great Vegie Crunch aims to get WA kids eating more vegetables and having fun! Research shows that only 1 in 6 WA primary school aged children are eating the recommended daily intake of vegetables. So let's change that! Gather as many students as you can - a small group, a class, a block, or the whole school and choose a time that suits your school during the Great Vegie Crunch week (4-8 September) to CRUNCH on VEGETABLES.
How do we participate?
- Choose a date and time that suits your school during the week of the Great Vegie Crunch event - 4th to 8th September 2017
- Register your school to receive free resources to support the event. You can have as many students participating as you like - a small group, a class, or the whole school!
- Let the school community know. Download letters to parents, newsletter inserts and other fun stuff here or order free resources
- Encourage parents to supply fresh vegetables for their children to eat at this event.
- Just before your designated CRUNCH time, assemble your students and make sure they have their crunchy vegies ready to.......
- CRUNCH! Aim for a 'Crocodile crunch' - a crunch as loud as a Crocodile and use the Crunch-o-meter to measure how you went.
- Count the number of students and adults crunching and enter the Great Aussie Crunch competition here.
- Need more information? Contact the Crunch&Sip team via email email@example.com or phone:(08) 9388 4340
REGISTRATIONS OPEN 19th JUNE 2017
Thanks to the Agricultural Produce Commission for their continued support of the Great Vegie Crunch